a. Is there authority from Christ for the church to preach any other kind of Gospel (good news) other than that which is found in the New Testament?
b. What about the social gospel? The betterment of mankind here upon this earth? Did the inspired apostles preach like many of the preachers of today with all of their social and political programs and various types of entertainment activities?
2. Providing for needy saints: ACTS 4:34,35; 11:27-30; I CORINTHIANS 16:1-4; I TIMOTHY 5:16
a. Is there authority from Christ for the church to be involved in running a human social organization for the physical betterment of mankind?
3. Edifying itself: HEBREWS 10:24,25; EPHESIANS 4:11-16; ROMANS 14:17-19;I CORINTHIANS 11:22,34
a. Is there authority from Christ for the church to be involved in social and/or recreational activities such as eating common meals in the church building; having church gymnasiums, swimming pools, camps and various other types of entertainment?
(I) CHRIST'S AUTHORITY CONCERNING THE UNITY OF HIS CHURCH - UNDENOMINATIONAL:
1. Jesus prayed for it: JOHN 17:20,21
2. The apostles pled for it: I CORINTHIANS 1:10-13
3. The plan for it: EPHESIANS 4:3-6
a. Denominationalism destroys Christ's authority for unity!
(I CORINTHIANS 1:10-13; JOHN 17:20,21)
b. Is there authority from Christ for the denominational concept of religion?
Are you following the proper standard of authority in religion? Are you religious beliefs and practices based solely upon the authority from Heaven, found only in the inspired Word of God?